My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reviews of Recipes from June 9-16th

Ok I was kind of slacking this week...we ended up getting fast food one night and another night I just made something really quick and easy.  So I didn't make everything on my menu :(  

Breakfast:
Breakfast Casserole: We had this on Sunday morning...it was ok.  I didn't do the veggies because Mark doesn't like them.  So it was a little bland and definitely needed more cheese.  I made one last week that had ham, cheese, eggs and then Stove Top stuffing mix in it which I know sounds weird but it added so much flavor, we liked that one much better.  

Now I didn't make the "To Die for blueberry muffins" or "crock pot oatmeal" none of the blueberries looked good at the store so hopefully I can make those this week if they have them and I do plan to do the oatmeal one morning this next week too.  They just had cereal the rest of the week


Lunch:
Ham & Cheese crescents: The boys really loved these, will be making them lots.  Next time I'll add more cheese though

We also did the ham and cheese quesadillas and sandwiches, then leftovers.  Didn't make the cuban sandwiches or pizza balls.


Snacks:
Banana Bites: I've made these many times before.  The boys love them.  I just use a pancake mix to make it really easy then give them just a little syrup or honey to dip them in

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: This is the 2nd time I've made these, they are soooo yummy!!  I forgot again about adding applesauce to it like some of the reviews said, maybe next time I remember.  But they are moist enough without it but I think it would be good if they are even more moist.  I use the Ghiradellie (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) chocolate chips and I don't use walnuts

Chicken Enchilada Dip: This was alright, probably won't make it again.  Mark accidentally bought HOT green chilis so I was scared to put them all in there and because they were hot I also left out the jalepeno.  It just came out a little bland, it needed more of something.

Chewy Granola Balls: I've made these countless times, they are one of the boys absolute favorite snacks.  At Sprouts they have granola in bulk so I'm always trying different ones for them, their favorite so far is the apple cinnamon then I use raisins as the dried fruit.

Cinnamon Chips & Fruit Salsa: This was a HUGE hit,the boys absolutely loved it.  I made it just as it says with strawberry preserves.  They ate almost all of it and the recipe says it serves 10!  They also realized their new favorite fruit....raspberries

Taco Dip: Not that great, definitely needed something...like taco meat or something.  Was a lot of the cream cheese mixture and not much of anything else

Didn't make the homemade ranch yet...the other snacks were just things like fresh fruit and other things that weren't really recipes


Dinners:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole: This is the 2nd time I've made it...soo good!  It's Mark's new favorite.  I've had a lot of people ask me for the recipe and everyone that has tried it has loved it too

Baked Ziti: We had this last night....it was SO yummy!!!  Dessa was over for dinner and she loved it too and asked for the recipe.  I made it just as it says except instead of onion I used onion powder (Mark doesn't like onions) and for the sauce I used Prego tomato, garlic and basil.  This is one I'll add to our regular menus, very good.  Would be great to freeze too.  I had planned to make cheddar garlic biscuits but I had been out all day and forgot that they had to cook at 450 and the ziti at 350, by the time I got home I didn't have time to do them one after the other so I just didn't do the biscuits.

Potato pork chop crock pot dinner: We didn't like this at all, award winning my butt lol.  I do thing the idea was good but not the ingredients.  I want to try it again but the only thing I'll keep the same is the pork chops and hashbrowns.  I'm going to try it with cream of mushroom, though I think cream of chicken would be good too.  I won't use the fried onions either.

I didn't end up making the spanish chicken and rice or taco burgers (though I want to do them next week, or at least the burgers).  Tomorrow we are having the ranch-parmesan chicken, Dessa and Chris are coming for dinner...so I'll let yall know how we like that one after that :)  We are also having the banana pudding for dessert tomorrow...hopefully that is good 







No comments:

Post a Comment