My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Menu 7/10-7/16

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things and cooking more and actually being able to keep on top of cleaning.  The transition to 4 kids was tougher than we thought...you should see how long it takes us to get out the door now when I used to be able to get everyone out within 15min or less....now it can easily take me an hour lol.  I'm sure I'll get faster again...or I hope!  But the past couple of weeks I've been cooking a lot more and trying more new recipes.  I always post what we are having for dinner on Facebook and always have people ask for the recipe.  A friend suggested I start posting our menus on here so I think I will :)  I'll also do a blog post at the end of the week "reviewing" the new recipes we tried, let you know what we changed if anything, how we liked it, etc.  (if it's REALLY good might just have to post about it that night!)

I usually plan our menu on Saturday and go shopping on Sunday after church.  Here is the plan for this week!


Breakfast (I usually only cook 2 maybe 3 days a week, the rest are cereal or something else quick)


Lunch
Banana Dogs
Ham & Cheese Quesadillas


Snacks
Banana Bites (the boys have had these and LOVE them)
Banana chocolate chip muffins (made these last week, delicious)
Chicken Enchilada Dip (cooling off now for me to try!)
Fresh Fruit
Granola Balls (the boys favorite snack)
Yogurt Parfaits
Ranch Dressing with fresh veggies
Ants on a log


Dinners
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole (we've had it and Mark loves it, his new favorite) with mashed potatoes and sunshine carrots
Taco Burgers with potato saladpasta salad and corn on the cob
Herbed lemon chicken in crock pot with rice and green beans


Desserts ( I don't do dessert often, maybe once a week)


Most of that we haven't tried before so I'm really excited to try it all.  This took me awhile so in that time I tried the Chicken Enchilada Dip...really yummy!  Mark bought the stuff for it and accidentally bought HOT green chilis so I didn't use the jalepeno and the chilis smelled really spicy so I only used about half, I should have done a bit more but it's still really good.  I grilled the chicken with a bit of taco seasoning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment