My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Preston is finally home!!!!

As I sit here with Preston sleeping on my chest I'm just on cloud 9.  I am so happy that we finally have him home where he belongs.  The past 15 days have been the toughest of my life.  I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the love, support, comments and most of all prayers for Preston and our family over these past 2wks.  Without all of you I don't know where we'd be.  There were many times where your comments picked us up and helped us get through all of this with him.  We are just amazed by how many people have shown our family love and how many people care about our little boy.

I have always felt for moms who have had babies in the NICU but until you go through it yourself you just can't get how hard it really is.  We were lucky that our stay was shorter than a lot and our little boy pulled through it all.  I hope it has made me a better mother and person, it has made me stronger for sure.  We were lucky that while his first few days were very bad once he turned the corner it was only up from there. We have had so many nurses and drs tell us how sick he was.  The dr that saw him today for discharge was talking about how our first dr that we had for about 6 days who was just amazing, saved Preston's life and he truly did.  I can never thank Dr. Randall enough for what he did for him, he did everything right, he made the best decisions at the perfect times that saved our baby's life.  Those first few days were so touch and go, he was one of the sickest babies in a level 3 NICU and here we are 2wks later with a completely healthy little boy thanks to the wonderful doctors and nurses at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas.  I always wanted to be a NICU nurse but after this experience I realize I could never do it.  It takes a special kind of person to do something like that, to deal with all the sick tiny babies, perform the procedures required and support the parents through it all as well.  We had many wonderful nurses but we are especially thankful for Nurse Michelle who had Preston most days.

Also, we are so grateful to have had Stephanie be able to come into town and help us.  She has been absolutely amazing, a lifesaver for sure.  He has kept the boys everyday for us while we went to the hospital, helped clean the house, cooked, kept things running when I couldn't.  She was also there at night just to talk, whether it be about Preston or whatever else, watch tv with me, just hang out and helped me get my mind off of worrying about Preston even if just for a few minutes.

And my awesome little family...the boys have been so great through it all.  I know it was really hard on them suddenly having me leaving them everyday for hours, having Preston be born but not coming home.  They had a hard time with it, they had a few moments where that showed but for the most part they were really great.  Mark was so amazing, I'm so lucky to have him.  He is the best Daddy and husband, I couldn't ask for anything more.  When I had my hardest days he was always there to support me and pull me out of it.  He always does anything I ask and really took care of me and the boys when I just couldn't do it.

Also have to say thank you to Brandon, Mark's boss, even though I'm sure he won't read this....he has been really great about everything.  Letting Mark take so much time off of work, work from home, after hours, from the car, from the hospital....no other employer would have been so understanding and not docked his pay.

Really thank you all, I have the best friends and family, we couldn't have gotten through all of this without all of your support.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home baby Preston! Beth I am sooo! happy for you guys, when things settle down I would love to meet this little man as well as your other boys. Meantime I'll be watching for updates. <3 Sandy

    ReplyDelete