My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Monday, October 24, 2011

Preston's Urology Follow-Up

This morning we had Preston's urology appt, a follow up to the tests he had done last month.  I got up this morning and it took me a bit to get out of the house, Hayden wasn't exactly being helpful.  I'd ask him to hand me something that was right next to him and somehow he couldn't see it...he was just being a turd but made everything take longer.  Finally got out the door and hurried to make it the 50min drive all the way to Harris Methodist.  My GPS got me there, I have been there once before but we've been to so many appts over in that are lately that I couldn't remember exactly where this one was.  So the GPS tells me my destination was on the right and there were like 8 buildings all there on there right..a lot of help that was.  So I googled the office real quick and she told me exactly where I needed to be.  Had to go up the 5th level of the parking garage before I finally found a space to park.  Got everyone unloaded and hurried inside.  When I walked in the office it was like 10:27am...thought my appt was at 10:30.  There were about 5-6 people in a line waiting to check in!  So by the time I actually checked in it was 10:40.  Preston by this point was starving and screaming like crazy.  I was holding him trying to dig out his insurance card, fill out the paper work real quick, he is screaming SO badly and grabbing handfuls of my face about to rip it off and she looks at me and says "his appt was at 10:15, I'm going to have to see if they can see him".  I was like really???  Can you see the morning I've had..I drove almost an hour to get here, I"m here JUST for test results, it'll take 5min of the dr's time they better not turn me away.  And had there not been so many people checking in at once I would have only been 10min late and that's not a problem at all, it's when you are 15min or more.  Anyway, ended up being fine.  Waited for awhile in the waiting room, the for awhile back in the room.  Hayden was being a bit of a pain at times but then really sweet at others, had to take him potty 3x while we were there...think he was bored. 

Finally the dr came in and told us the VCUG showed NO reflux and the renal scan showed NO blockages!!!!  So yayyyyy!!!  BUT that means we don't know why his kidneys are swollen and abnormal. The dr said since he isn't having any symptoms, besides occasional pain that we think is that but don't know, we will just watch him.  He will have the ultrasound repeated at a year old and if it's the same or better they will just repeat the u/s again in another year.  If it's worse he will have to do more to try and figure out what's going on, but the 2 things they tested for should be the only reason they'd be swollen like that.  




We went down to check out and set up the appt for when he's a year old.  By this point it was almost noon, we'd been there an hour and a half...both Preston and Hayden were tired of being there.  Preston was exhausted, he doesn't sleep well when we are out, so he started fussing.  I picked him up to calm him down then the nurse was trying to hand me paperwork and so I had to set him down in the stroller to grab it so we could go and oh man...it started again.  SCREAMING at the top of his lungs and also I guess Hayden had set his sticker in the stroller so he was freaking out that the baby was sitting on it.  It was a mess.  The stroller hit against the frame of the door like 4x while I was trying to back it out of there, Hayden freaking out and Preston screaming...I'm sure we were a sight to see.  He calmed down as soon as we got moving but when we stopped in the elevator he did it again...thankfully we were the only ones in the elevator lol.  Made it back to the car and he freaked out again but once I got everything loaded up and turned on "his song" (a song from my Oaks Worship CD) he was immediately silent and took a nap.  

We then met up with a lady that I met online.  She does You Tube videos and a blog that I follow, we are really like minded and have kids the same age.  Well she was selling some clothes and I bought them from her so I met up with her to pick those up.  We went to see Dessa for lunch then finally headed home.  I was able to relax about 15min before the big boys got home and I had to run to the post office.  After that I decided to surprise them and take them to the park for awhile then we were going to go get sno cones before the stand closed for the year but apparently we are too late...closed :(



Handsome man

Big smiles, he loves being outside

My 3 big boys

He pretended he "died" 

Making me a nervous wreck


  So instead I took them to Braums for ice cream.  

I let them get small cones...the loaded it up...they couldn't finish it, thankfully haha it was a lot



Preston was worn out and fell asleep in his ergo


It's been a long day, I'm exhausted....maybe I'll be able to fall asleep at a decent time tonight....doubt it.  Oh and Preston still isn't feeling well, poor thing is so congested.  But SO thankful it hasn't gotten worse, it's not causing problems breathing...well through his nose it is...but not effecting his lungs.  Praying it doesn't get worse

You can just see it in his eyes, he feels bad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment