My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Friday, December 30, 2011

End of another year

As 2011 comes to an end I look back on all the things that happened this year, it has been one hell of a year but we survived and are a stronger family because of it.  So while some of it was hard, we made it through, and I wouldn't change any of it because it changed us for the better.

A few highlights, or the biggest highlight our little man Preston Blake being born in May <3  He will be 7mo old tomorrow!


  The end of his pregnancy was awful, his birth was nothing like I planned and after his birth was my worst fears come true.  But he is a strong baby, he is a fighter and he proved that to us and all of the doctors.  It gave me a whole new perspective on birth, parenting and what other NICU mommies have to go through.  I always felt for them, but until you've been through it you just can't understand the roller coaster that is the NICU.  It made Mark and I's relationship stronger and it definitely makes us treasure EVERY second with Preston, all 4 of them, even more.  We don't take for granted that we can just get pregnant easily (thankfully) and have healthy babies, it can happen to anyone and we are very lucky to have Preston and we won't forget that.  


This year also changed some relationships for all of us.  I have moved on, I have forgiven but I will never forget the words that were said and it has forever changed those relationships.   Always remember you can never take back the words you say, choose your words wisely.

Another relationship was changed, but for the better.  Dessa and I over this past year have become incredibly close.  I don't know how I went "without" her for so many years.  We weren't that close for awhile but over the past couple years, this year especially though, we have become very close.  And this year brought a very wanted pregnancy for her and Chris, a baby they've tried for for so long!  He will be here any day now and I can't wait to meet my first nephew <3

This year has also brought us closer to God in many ways.  We are attending church on a regular basis for the first time in our entire relationship.  We joined a small group, Landon went to summer camp with church and they have become involved with the kids side of church.  We love the church we have found and can't wait to grow more with them.  At times I wish we had done this sooner but I don't think we were ready before now, this is the perfect time in life for us, it's right and will only get better.

This year Hayden also started school for the first time!  

Casen started 1st grade!

And Landon started 3rd grade!

Our favorite kiwi came to visit from New Zealand!!!  That was definitely a huge highlight from this year!  It was a great visit, it was like we had known each other forever not like we had never met in person before.  Really hoping she gets to come back sometime next year and maybe one year we will finally make it over to NZ


 Some of my new year's resolutions:
To be a better mom..definitely my number 1.
To do more with the kids.
Lose weight...doesn't everyone have that one?


Hoping for more positives in 2012!  2012 will be mine and Mark's 10yr anniversary!!  

3 comments:

  1. <3 it was so great to meet y'all and I def can't wait to come back, I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "y'all" I'm so proud of you...turning Texan already <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yeah I threw that in just for you'll <3

    ReplyDelete