My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Monday, January 9, 2012

Preston's 6mo appt & appt for Hayden as well

Today we had Preston's 6mo appt, even though he's 7mo 2wks.  First of all, what was I thinking setting it up for 9:30?  It's all the way in Arlington.  Won't do that again.  

I got up at 6:30am with the boys to get them ready for school, first day back after Christmas break.  Then I decided to just stay up and get things ready.  I took a shower then packed Hayden a bag to take, Preston's stuff but also packed extras just in case Dessa went into labor or was sent to the hospital after her appt.  Brought his pumped milk, baby food, lots of diapers, extra clothes.  Remembered everything, or so I thought.  So we finally leave and I'm already 10min behind what I had planned.  My gaslight was on so I had to stop and get gas, putting me further behind.  Plus it was raining.  Mark had asked for me to drop the keys off for his rental car which was right off the highway.  Well apparently that isn't as fast as it seems.  Took me forever and still didn't get it fully finished, Mark has to go by later.  Finally get out of there and I'm REALLY running late.  The appt was at 9:30 and we got there at exactly 9:45 which is good because after 15min they cancel your appt.  We ended up having to wait forever but at least I didn't have to reschedule.  

They finally called us back and went to weigh and measure Preston.  But she told me not to worry about undressing him at all?  So he weighed in at 17lbs 11oz...with 2 layers of clothes, cloth diaper (wet), socks and shoes lol.  So all of that had to add at least 3/ he probably weighed in right under 17lbs really.  I weighed him yesterday and he was exactly 17lbs not long after eating so we'll go with that.  Which puts him at the 20th%.  He is now 26.75in long, 33rd% and his head is 43cm which is the 14th%.  So he's just a little guy.  But he's doing well, checked out fine.  The dr annoyed me because she just assumed he was on formula, which she has done at both of his previous well checks but whatever.  He has his next appt in March for his 9mo.


We talked about Hayden while there too.  With all of his behavior issues not getting ANY better only getting worse it's definitely more than normal.  So she gave us numbers to child psychiatrists so I can call and get him an appt.  But she also drew blood to check his thyroid.  Apparently that can cause some similar symptoms?  That was a HUGE mess.  He's had blood drawn before and has done just fine.  But this time I don't know what happened.  He was laying on the table and I held the arm she was going to stick down.  Well she she stuck him he reacted and grabbed with his other arm before either of us could stop him.  He pushed it further in, he hit it so hard the needle BENT!   He was screaming, we both felt awful for him.  It was bad.  So she wasn't able to get the blood so she went to get another nurse to hold one arm so I could hold the rest of him so she could do the other arm.  So I picked him up to flip him to lay the other way so they'd have better access to his other arm and he didn't want to let go of me, we literally had to peel him off of me.  He was screaming the place down, worse than I've ever heard him scream....and I've heard some major fits from him.  He just kept screaming "NO NO NO NO" over and over at the top of his lungs, he was bright red, sweating and shaking.  There was no calming him down, I was holding his body and his arm and he was trying to kick me away, we were all trying to talk to him but I don't think he even heard us at all.  Preston was looking at him really concerned then started to cry because he knew (who couldn't have known) that Hayden was upset.  So she finally gets it cleaned and sticks him and THE second he was stuck, seriously the exact second, Hayden was SILENT.  Not another sound.  I really think when she did the other side she was either rough or just did it at a bad angle...something that really hurt him and that's why he reacted.  Then he was terrified but when she did the other he was just fine as soon as he realized it was just the pinch and he was fine.  He laid there and let her fill the tubes and was fine after that.  Still upset from what had happened but not crying and screaming anymore.  But the whole experience was just awful, for him especially, but me too.  So we finally got out of there a little after 11:30.  

We went to visit Aunt Gigi and then had lunch with my mom.  I then remembered I had left Preston's milk in Aunt Gigi's freezer so had to run back by there before heading home.  I made perfect time though, I Pulled up and hadn't even had the chance to get out of the car when the boys bus pulled up behind me.  They opened their gifts from nonnie and Aunt Gigi and are now playing.  I'm exhausted and the busiest, craziest part of the day is still to come.

Oh and Dessa had an appt today and is now 4cm and 90% effaced!!!!!!!  Can't believe it, really will be any day now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment