My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Monday, January 30, 2012

Playdates, Birthdays and ER visits!

It's been a really busy weekend...I've loved it!  

On Friday I had my monthly Mommy Meetup with girls from church.  That was fun, as always.  We went to one of their houses and I just talked to a bunch of the moms.  Hayden was at school so it was just me and Preston and he's easy, he just sat in my lap playing.  Was nice to talk to other moms instead of kids! lol We stayed there a couple hours and met a lady that also lives in Waxahachie and her son goes to Shackelford too and is Landon's age :)  She was talking about how she knows no one in Waxahachie and needs to get out more...boy do I know that feeling!  So I was already planning on going to a meetup at Getzendaner park after that to meet up with the girls in the new playgroup I just joined, so I asked her if she'd like to come with...and she did, yay!

We went over there, we were a little late but thankfully they were all still there.  They were all very nice, so glad we went.  Most had babies right around Preston's age which was nice, and then some had kids around Hayden's age but they go to MDO on Tues and Thurs and he goes on Wed and Friday SO we probably won't be able to get them together all that  much, he'll miss most playdates.  But we are going to the zoo with them soon and I'm doing another playdate at the park this Friday while he's at school.   

It was a long day but we had a lot of fun.  I left from the park and went to pick up Hayden from school and when we walked out some of his friends were on the playground so I let him play for about 45min before heading home.  Went home and made some chicken tacos in the crock pot, which btw were amazing!!  Can't wait to make them good!

I went to bed really early, I was exhausted!  Got up with the boys at 9:30 and got them all ready, Preston fell back asleep 5min before we left so I left him with Mark and took the big boys to Target to get a gift for Hayden's friend from school.  We then went to her birthday party which was out in the country part of Waxahachie.  On the way there we passed a farm I've heard people out here talk about but we've never seen had a ZEBRA!  Like real live zebra was crazy1!!!!  haha  The boys and I were thoroughly impressed.  They had a great time at the party, had to drag them out of there.  We came home and then I ran back to Target to get Madelyn a gift, came home and picked up all 4 of them and headed out to Arlington for her birthday.  It was a lot of fun, the kids had a blast and it was really nice to catch up with Heather, Steph, Becky and Julie!  I ended up not leaving until almost 9!!  Oops.  A little while before leaving Preston started running a temp so Becky checked it and it was 101.5.  By the time we got home it was 103.6 :(  So I gave him tylenol and put him to bed. 

Mark let me sleep in the next morning since he had all day Saturday to was nice.  Preston and Casen were sick all day :(  Casen's temp was around 102 and Prestons 103.  We all went to bed and then at 4:35 Preston woke up and Mark said he was really hot so I touched him and he was burning up so I went and grabbed meds and his thermometer.  His temp was 105.1!!!!  So I gave him meds then tried to nurse him and he just couldn't nurse. I don't know what was going on, maybe he was confused, but he was upset and couldn't latch on.  So I got up and off to the ER we went.  When we got there they gave him a dose of Tylenol to go with his motrin I had give him.  Then they tested him for RSV and flu...both came back negative.  Then because of his kidney issues they wanted to check him for a UTI.  They asked how I wanted to collect the urine and I told them just to cath him, he has had it done before and was fine with it and I knew he wouldn't want to sit around for hours..just make it faster.  So the nurse cathed him and got NOTHING.  Literally not one single drop!  She even called a nurse in to see because apparently no one fully empties their bladder so they couldn't believe there was nothing.  So they put a bag on his penis to catch pee and I nursed him and we waited a good pee.  so they cathed him again and finally got just a couple drops, enough for the test.  She also asked me if his temp had gone down and I said yes and kissed his forehead and said it was maybe 100.  So she said "well let's see how good you are' and checked and sure enough...100.1.  She was impressed.  His urine test came back showing the early signs of a UTI so he was given antibiotics before it gets bad.  That isn't the cause of his fevers though, it wasn't a full infection it's just something viral...I really think it's going to end up being Roseola so we'll see what happens.

He's napping now, no temps above the 103 range today, thankfully.  Casen is feeling a little better today and will go back to school tomorrow.  Hopefully Preston is feeling better tomorrow...we have so much to do the rest of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment