My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Monday, March 26, 2012

Preston's first dentist appt and cleanings for the rest of them

Today the boys all had dentist appts, it was Preston's first!  The nurse called back the 3 big boys first and said she'd come get me and the baby after doing their xrays so while we waited Preston nursed and just chilled watching their fish tank which is set up just like Finding Nemo.  She finally came and got us and I thought we'd be going to wait with the big boys but she took us back to the room where he does the check-ups on kids that won't sit on their own.  We passed the big boys and they were all having cleanings done and doing great so they were fine.  We went back and the dr came right in and we were talking for a bit then they have me sit him in my lap facing me, the dr sits in a chair right in front of me then I lay him back into his lap so he's laying in both our laps, head on the dr so that way I'm still right there.  Well Preston doesn't usually like people messing with his face, especially his nose or mouth so I wasn't sure how he'd do.  Like I've said many times before, he's very laid back though so I didn't expect him to freak out, just refuse to open his mouth.  But he did amazing!!!  He just laid there watching the dr, opened his mouth and let him look all around, let him brush his teeth and put some protectant on them.  Didn't fuss once, didn't try and close his mouth, didn't try and turn away, he was PERFECT!!!!  The dr and nurse were both amazed, he did so well.  So everything is good, no issues at all, teeth are coming in as they should.  He got his first real toothbrush and he goes back in July :)  

The other boys finished up while we were in there and the big boys went to the waiting room to play but Hayden wanted to come see me so his nurse brought him to me and said that it was really sweet, when he was picking out his toy (they get to pick something after each visit, plus they get new toothbrushes, floss and toothpaste..this time they got tshirts as well) that he saw something and said he wanted to get it for his baby brother <3  The nurse told him that the baby would pick himself so just pick something for himself, so he put it back then came to see us.  Well the dr was talking to him and asked if he wanted to go pick him something and Hayden shot out of the room and ran and grabbed what he had already picked...a little stuffed frog <3  He was so excited to give it to him and Preston loves it!  


The other boys checked out well too, Casen has a very small cavity but other than that no issues.  Casen has to go have that filled on the 18th but otherwise no visits until October!!!! 


The love the tshirts they were given lol, Casen was begging at dinner for me to let him wear it to school tomorrow...weird kids

No comments:

Post a Comment