My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu of the week

I'm really excited about my menu for this week.  Along with my plans to keep up better with the cleaning and make myself a schedule so it's easier I have also been trying to cook more.  I cook quite a bit and I like to think pretty healthy but I've been trying to get the boys away from processed snacks and making them myself.  They also eat a lot of cereal and I'd like to cook more for breakfast and do more than sandwiches for lunch.  Sooooo I've been making menus for us lately and it helps a ton with grocery shopping and just takes the stress out of figuring out what is for dinner each night.  I don't pick a night/day for everything because I may not feel like it that night but here is my menu...most of it is new stuff we've never tried so I'll be back with reviews of the new stuff, hopefully it's all great!

Breakfast
Blueberry cream cheese french toast (it's more like a bread pudding type of thing)
Blueberry muffins
Egg in a hole
Baked maple bananas

Lunch
Tex Mex rice cakes
Apple and Raisin tuna salad in pitas
chicken, cheese and beans quesadillas
chicken meatballs

Snacks
granola balls ( a big time favorite with the boys)
yogurt parfaits with maple/cinnamon apples
Banana bread
Banana bites
Peanut butter oatmeal cookies

Dinners
Chicken enchiladas with spanish rice 
Brown sugar meatloaf with mashed potatoes and candied carrots
Chicken cordon bleu with rebaked potates and veggies
Sour cream pork chops with rice and veggies
Slow cooker chicken and dumplings
Slow cooker cheesy garlic chicken with rice and veggies
Salsa chicken and rice

We eat a lot of chicken, huh?   

Tonight I prepped what I could which was the blueberry cream cheese french toasts for the boys for the next 2 days, granola balls, brown rice for rice cakes and the apple mixture for the yogurt parfaits.  I really hope the boys like it all, they aren't picky so we should be good, but I hope we have some new favorites!  I'm about to go make Landon's lunch, sending yogurt parfait with it so hopefully he likes it!!  Then just have to wait for the brown rice to finish and I can go to bed.  Tomorrow starts my new cleaning schedule, homeschooling schedule/lessons and all the new yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment