My life as a Mommy of 4 little boys

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm feeling incredibly blessed today

Sometimes you have so much going on that you don't really see how blessed you are.  You are so busy, trying to get everything done during the day, dealing with the day to day activities of cooking, cleaning, caring for kids, running everyone around, etc that all you can seem to see is all you do but not all you are getting in return.  That's how I've been lately.  Just trying to adjust to school and all of that I've been so busy and feel like I'm always rushing kids around, always running late and always stressed out.  I love it, but it's stressful.  This morning was another one of those days, we were running late to a playdate, Hayden wasn't exactly cooperating and Preston was a little fussy.  I was shoving everyone out the door and griping at Hayden to hurry and buckle up and right after that I turned around to buckle and looked up and saw this


It was completely unexpected and completely changed my mood.  I took a deep breath, turned around and helped Hayden and then called Mark.  It's definitely the little things that matter the most.  That note totally made my day and I have thought about it all day.  Even when he's not with me he always seems to be able to calm me down and cheer me up.  We went on about our day, went to the playdate and had a lot of fun, I took him to school, came home for Preston to nap and I cleaned a bit, picked Hayden up and the boys got home right after, had speech and then was supposed to go to a parenting seminar the school district was putting on about the book Love and Logic.  Oh and during all of that, Mark got home really early, before I even left for speech!  While waiting to leave for the seminar I started playing around with the boys and got so caught up doing that I lost track of time and even when I realized I really needed to leave in order to make it I didn't care.  I spent the next hour playing on the floor with all 4 boys and Mark.  Everyone was "beating each other up", tickling the boys like crazy, Preston was totally participating and playing too and everyone was laughing tons.  It was the best night in awhile.  We played so long I forgot all about making dinner too.  So after awhile I threw all 4 in the tub and left them with Mark and ran and got some fast food (bad I know!), came home and we ate, read stories and got all the boys in bed.  Then Mark and I sat and talked for the next 2hrs.  I cleaned the kitchen and made the boys lunches and now here I am thinking back on the day.  Nothing particularly great happened today but it's those little things like the note, the laughs from the boys, the long talk with Mark about nothing in particular that makes me realized how truly blessed I am.  

I have a husband who loves me more than anything in this world.  He is my best friend and someone I know will ALWAYS be there for me and who I trust more than anyone else.  He treats me like a queen and has taught our boys to do the same.  He is the "perfect" father in my eyes (and our boys) and is teaching our boys how to be great daddies some day too.  He is also teaching them on a daily basis how to be responsible, how to treat women, to be honest, hardworking and loving.  I could not ask for a better partner in life!  I love that man more so very much!

I have Landon, who is turning into such a wonderful little man.  He is funny, loving, helpful, artistic and the best big brother a mom could want (or a little brother for that matter!).  We were talking at dinner tonight and we were talking about my "job" as a stay at home mom and I was saying that it was my job I just didn't get paid money and he pipes up and says "no, but you get paid with love" which was so cute and so very true!  I've seen that on some ecards or things like that, but as far as I know Landon hasn't.  

I also have Casen, who is mommy's little boy!  He's always on my "team".  He's shy, gentle, smart, and though he can be a little tough to crack, he isn't one that is all over someone...until you crack that hard shell and then he's the most loving and affectionate little boy you will ever meet!  

And then there is Hayden, who I can't believe will be 5 in just a couple days!  He is becoming quite the gentleman!  He is hilarious, so bright, loving, fun and silly!  Everyone who meets him just falls in love with him.  Such a sweet little boy!

And baby Preston!!!!  He has such a sweet personality!  He's so loving, calm, gentle, laid back and sweet.  I can't wait to see who he grows up to be like.  

I can't believe that I have 5 men in my life who love me more than anything else.  They bring me so much happiness, so much love and I really feel so very blessed today.  I love them so much and can't believe that I'm so lucky to have them all in my life!  I've made the pic of Mark's note my home page background to remind me of that during the day, when everything is crazy busy.  And I need to remember Landon's words "you get paid in love" and remind myself that I do all of this for them, they appreciate it and their laughs everyday, their hugs and kisses every night make it all worth it.  I saw a saying on a church billboard the other day, I can't remember the exact wording but it was something like "if you want to become rich very quickly then count your blessings" love it

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling incredibly blessed today
    Thanks for sharing an informative blog; I really enjoyed reading your well written articles.

    Lube Oil Blending Plant

    ReplyDelete